New poll shows Romney with huge lead in Utah Senate race
(KUTV) A new poll released Tuesday from Utah Policy shows Republican candidate Mitt Romney with a gigantic lead over potential challengers in the race to replace Sen. Orrin Hatch (R-UT) in the Senate.
The Utah Police survey asked people" "If the election for U.S. Senate were held today, and the candidates were the following, for whom would you vote?"
Here are the results:
- Mitt Romney, Republican - 60%
- Jenny Wilson, Democrat - 14%
- Don't know - 14%
- Craig Bowden, Libertarian - 3%
- Dan McCay, Republican - 2%
- Other - 2%
- Mitchell Vice, Democrat - 1%
- Larry Meyers, Republican - 1%
- Jay Hyatt, Republican - 1%
- Alicia Colvin, Republican - 1%
Romney's support in Utah is broad and deep.
- 59% of men say they would vote for Romney.
- 61% of women say they would vote for Romney.
- 75% of Republicans, 32% of Democrats, and 59% of unaffiliated voters said they prefer Romney over all of the other candidates.