FBI issues reward for information leading to capture of 'The Great Outdoors Bandit'
(KUTV) The FBI is offering a reward up to $10,000 for information leading to the arrest and conviction of a serial bank robbery suspect dubbed, "The Great Outdoors Bandit."
Officials said Monday, Aug. 7, he hit three banks in Idaho and is believed to be in a vehicle with Utah license plates.
He is responsible for at least six bank/credit union robberies and one attempted bank robbery in Idaho and Utah since December 2016.
On Aug. 7, a clear photo was taken of the man without a disguise. The photo was taken as he went into another Idaho bank to try and exchange cash.
The man acquired the nickname The Great Outdoors Bandit because of the hat and outdoorsy attire worn during the first few robberies.
The serial robber's description is as follows:
- Height: 5'4" to 5'6"
- Weight: 140 to 160 pounds
- Sex: Male
- Build: Skinny
- Hair: Black
- Complexion: Medium
- Race: Possibly Hispanic, Native American, or Middle Eastern
- Age: 35 to 50 years old
- Remarks: The suspect is known to wear large black sunglasses, a blue baseball hat, and a plaid shirt. He has also worn a green Cabela's baseball cap and black skinny jeans. He has black facial hair.
- Vehicle information: On August 7, 2017 the suspect was seen in a black crossover SUV, possibly Mitsubishi Outlander, with a chrome or silver rack on its top. The vehicle had a Utah license plate.
The Great Outdoors Bandit is believed to be responsible for the following robberies or attempted robberies:
December 21, 2016
- U.S. Bank inside the Albertson’s store at 10500 West Overland Road in Boise, Idaho
- Idaho Central Credit Union at 1615 South Celebration Avenue in Meridian, Idaho
March 24, 2017
- Bank of the West at 9140 West Emerald Street in Boise, Idaho
May 24, 2017
- Alpine Credit Union at 351 East 800 South in Orem, Utah
August 7, 2017
- Bank of the West at 9140 West Emerald Street in Boise, Idaho (attempted robbery)
- Pioneer Federal Credit Union at 850 East Fairview Avenue in Meridian, Idaho
- Clarity Federal Credit Union at 555 South Meridian Road in Meridian, Idaho
The FBI is offering a reward of up to $10,000 for information leading to the arrest and conviction of the person responsible for these robberies.
Anyone with information regarding these robberies can call the FBI's toll-free tip line at (833) 291-4306.