MENU
component-ddb-728x90-v1-01-desktop

Utah Boy Scout significantly burned assembling camp burners

Utah Boy Scout significantly burned assembling camp burners (AP Photo/Mary Altaffer)

(KUTV)- A Utah boy scout was significantly burned Wednesday night while assembling camp burners to cook food.

According to Spanish Fork Police Department, the scouts were meeting at the LDS Church near 400 North 800 East in Spanish Fork when a "flammable fluid" ignited, burning the 12-year-old boy scout.

The boy received significant burns to his hands, lower arms,and his legs.

The scout was taken by ambulance to a local hospital and then flown to the burn center at the University of Utah Hospital.

2News will update this story as more information becomes available.

close video ad
Unmutetoggle ad audio on off

Trending