VIDEO: Deer crossing Utah Lake at Powell Slough
(KUTV) -- The Utah County Sheriff’s Office posted a video Monday on Facebook that showed deer crossing Utah Lake.
Deputies were out with the Search and Rescue Airboat looking for a missing elderly man from Orem when a small herd of deer crossed in front of it in Powell Slough.
"We thought this would be a good time to also share a few reminders about water/boating safety as the weather warms up," the caption in the post stated.
The following boating tips were also offered:
- Take life vest(s) and have children wear them at all times while in the boat.
- Don’t go out alone. Tell someone where your going and when you plan on coming home.
- Be prepared with food, water, and a charged cell phone.
- Maintain your boat!! And think through the worse case scenario.
- Almost most important….Watch the weather and get off the water before the storm comes over the mountain. If you wait for it to get choppy or a little rough, it’s too late.