Tuesday, June 18 2013, 09:06 AM MDT
Ahi Tuna Lettuce Wraps
As Aired On July 16, 2012
Recipe Courtesy Of Tona Sushi
1 head Romaine lettuce. Use the center part, cut out 8 pieces
1 1/2 lbs Sushi Grade Ahi tuna, in chunks
2 tsp. Chili paste
1 Tbsp Soy sauce
1 Green onion, thinly sliced
1/2 Cup Tempura bites or chopped peanuts
Salt and pepper to taste
Sesame seeds to sprinkle
Micro greens, tomatoes, radish to garnish
1. Wash the romaine lettuce; use the heart of the lettuce, cut out 8 pieces, let dry.
2. In a bowl, mix the tuna, green onion, chili paste, soy sauce. Salt and pepper to taste.
3. Place mixed tuna in the lettuce cups.
4. Sprinkle sesame seeds on top.
5. Add tempura bites or chopped peanuts on top.
6. Garnish with micro greens, tomatoes, and radish.
Tips: Use cocktail shrimp or your favorite meat (ex: pulled pork, grilled chicken) in replacement of Ahi tuna. Use chopped nuts in replacement of tempura bites.
(Copyright 2012 Sinclair Broadcasting Group.)