Tuesday, June 18 2013, 10:06 AM MDT
Macaroni and Cheese
As Aired On October 8, 2012
Recipe Courtesy of Carl Rubadue, The Saucy Skillet
1 TBSP Unsalted Butter
1 tsp Garlic Fresh, peeled and minced
¼ Cp Onion, minced preferably a sweet onion like a Walla Walla
¼ Cp White Wine
1 tsp Vegetable Base
2 TBSP Flour
2 Cp Milk
splash Worcestershire Sauce
1 Oz Tomato Soup concentrate
Pinch Cayenne Pepper
1 Oz Parmesan Cheese, shredded
2 Oz Extra Sharp White Cheddar Cheese, shredded
1 Oz American cheese
2 Oz Medium Cheddar Cheese, grated
1 Lb Cooked Macaroni Noodles
1) In Sauce Pan, melt the butter and sauté the garlic and onion until the onion is sweet and translucent about 2 minutes
2) Add the white wine and vegetable base, mix well. Bring to a boil and reduce the wine by ½ about 2 minutes
3) Add the flour and stir to mix completely. Cook the roux 2 minutes
4) Slowly add the cold milk in three different equal amounts while stirring constantly to create a smooth texture. Be sure the sauce is smooth before adding any more.
5) Add tomato soup, Worcestershire sauce, and cayenne. Mix well
6) Add the cheeses, partial amounts at a time and stir to mix and melt.
7) When macaroni noodle is cooked al dente, drain the water well. Add the cheese sauce and mix. Taste and adjust seasoning.
8) If desired, place finished macaroni in a casserole dish, top with a little extra cheese of choice and place under a pre-heated broiler until the cheese is bubbly and brown.
(Copyright 2012 Sinclair Broadcasting Group.)