Tuesday, October 16 2012, 08:32 AM MDT
Pumpkin Cheese Ball
As Aired On October 16, 2012
Recipe Courtesy Of Lahav Ardi
16 ounces room-temperature cream cheese (we used fat free)
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
½ cup crumbled Cojita cheese
2 tablespoons salsa
2 teaspoons cumin
2 teaspoons minced Anaheim pepper (use jalapeno if you want it hotter)
2 teaspoons cilantro
A couple handfuls of Doritos
1. Place all items except for the Doritos into a mixer and blend on low.
2. Scoop out the cheese and wrap it in plastic-wrap to shape a large ball or two smaller balls to make them easier to handle.
3. Chill for two hours.
4. Crush a couple handfuls of Doritos in a large zip lock bag.
5. Remove the cheese ball from the refrigerator and place in the bag. Roll, shake and press gently until the chips are pressed into the cheese.
6. Place on a plate and shape.
7. Add the stem from the pepper on top to form the top of the pumpkin. You may also use blue corn chips to make the "cut-outs" of the eyes and mouth to create a jack-o-lantern!
(Copyright 2012 Sinclair Broadcasting Group.)