Tuesday, June 18 2013, 09:06 AM MDT
"The Bomb" Breakfast Kebabs
As aired on April 2, 2013
Recipe courtesy of Michele Trover, Pepperlane Products
Makes 6 kebabs, 1 cup sauce
Total Time: about 1 hour
For the sauce-
1 cup Pepperlane Cherry Bomb Pepper Preserves
3 T purchased barbecue sauce
For the Kebabs-
6 pork sausage links, cut into 1-inch pieces
6 strips thick-sliced bacon
8 oz. ham steak, cut into 1-inch pieces
1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees; line a baking sheet with foil and top with a cooling rack. Coat rack with nonstick spray.
2) Combine preserves and barbecue sauce in a small saucepan over medium heat until preserves melts and sauce is warm.
3) Thread sausage pieces, bacon strips, and ham pieces loosely onto six 10 inch long skewers. Brush kebabs with sauce.
4) And transfer to prepared baking sheet.
5) Roast kebabs until all meats are browned and cooked through, 45-50 minutes. Baste and turn every 10 minutes to ensure even cooking. Remove from oven and serve immediately.