Tuesday, June 18 2013, 10:06 AM MDT
As aired on April 22, 2013
Recipe Courtesy of Done To Your Taste Catering
Baby lettuce mix: spinach, arugula, raddichio, endive, frisee,
Kale & dandelion leaves
Toasted pumpkin seeds
1) Toss greens (first 5 ingredients) with cider vinaigrette.
2) Top with remaining ingredients.
Apple Cider Vinaigrette
1 cup apple cider vinegar
¼ cup lemon juice
1 tsp shallot
½ tsp whole grain mustard
2 tsp local honey
1 cup extra virgin olive oil
Salt and pepper to taste
1) Combine first 6 ingredients in blender.
2) Slowly add oil until emulsified.
3) Season to taste.
Pan Seared Trout
1 ½ square medallion of local Utah Trout fillet (pin bone out)
1) Pan sear trout in olive oil over medium high heat until skin is crispy and flesh is golden.
2) Season with kosher salt & course black pepper.
3) Brush with lemon juice & garlic oil.
4) Let cool to room temperature.
16oz plain yogurt
2 cucumbers seed and diced
3 cloves finely diced garlic
1 ½ TBSP fresh chopped dill
Juice of 1 lemon
1) Combine all ingredients in a mixing bowl.
2) Whisk by hand.
Place dressed salad in single serving bowls. Add a dollop of tzatziki on top of each trout medallion and place trout around the edge of the salad. Relax and enjoy a healthy, fresh & delicious salad.