As aired on May 24, 2013
Recipe courtesy of IHOP Restaurants
While IHOP uses a proprietary batter to ensure that their Brioche French Toast is perfectly delicious every time, here are some tips on how to make Brioche French Toast at home:
1) Heat your griddle to 350 degrees.
2) Add oil to your griddle
3) Make sure you are using FRESH brioche bread
4) When you make your batter, (again, ours is a proprietary recipe), we recommend you use eggs, milk and sugar, with vanilla, cinnamon and nutmeg
5) Dip your brioche slices into the batter just long enough to make sure it is evenly coated; DON’T SOAK! (Nobody likes soggy French Toast!)
6) To grill to perfection, put on the griddle for about two and a half minutes per side, until golden brown, hot through and through and slightly caramelized.
7) Toppings can be as simple as powdered sugar, syrup or fruit.
For more, go to www.ihop.com
(Copyright 2013 - Sinclair Broadcasting Group)