Tuesday, September 10 2013, 09:36 AM MDT
As aired on September 8th, 2013
Recipe Courtesy of Chef Johnny from Harmons
3 C. AP Flour
2 Tbs. Vanilla
1 1/2 C. Sugar
3 Tbs. Baking Powder
1 1/2 tsp. Salt
1 1/2 tsp. Baking Soda
1/4 C. Veg. Oil
1/8 tsp. Nutmeg
1/8 tsp. Cardamom
1/8 tsp. Cinnamon
2 1/2 C. Milk (mix should be thick and run slowly, not thin and runny)
1. In a large mixing bowl add all dry ingredients, using a wire whisk mix the dry items together. I
2. In a medium size mixing bowl combine eggs, vegetable oil and vanilla.
3. Using the wire whisk, break the egg yolks and whisk for about 1 to 2 minutes.
4. Add the liquid to the dry mix, mixing slowly it should be very thick and paste like add cold milk a little at a time. The mix should be thick.
5. Heat your waffle iron and spray with nonstick cooking spray.
6. Waffle irons vary in cooking times and lengths. Make sure you follow the instructions and your waffle should turn out crispy and golden every time.
7. Traditionalists usually top their waffle with maple syrup and butter, but you can mix it up and top your waffle with fruit, whipped cream, peanut butter, ice cream and chocolate syrup or anything else you like! Sometimes it is fun to let kids choose their own unique waffle toppings.
(Copyright 2013 Sinclair Broadcasting Group)