Tuesday, October 8 2013, 10:34 AM MDT
Stuffed Chicken Parmesan
As Aired on October 8, 2013
Recipe courtesy Executive Chef Johnny McAdams, Harmons City Creek
4 chicken breasts
3 tomato cut in ¼
1 cup cherry tomatoes
½ cup red wine
1 whole onion sliced
½ cup crushed tomatoes
4 whole garlic cloves crushed
1 head of spinach
1 mozzarella ball sliced
2 cups Parmesan shredded
1 cup breadcrumbs
3 whole eggs
1. Preheat oven to 350.
2. In a large sauce pan over mid-high heat add garlic, onion, cherry tomato, sliced tomato.
3. Cook until the onion is translucent and tomato has released juices.
4. Add wine and crushed tomato to the pan.
5. Bring to a boil then reduce to simmer.
6. Cut a pocket into each chicken breast.
7. Heat a small pan over mid-high heat
8. Add the spinach to pan and add pepper to taste.
9. Allow the spinach to wilt, then stuff chicken breast with 2 tbsp. spinach
10. Stuff 1 to 2 slices of the mozzarella into chicken.
11. In a small bowl add breadcrumbs and Parmesan and mix together.
12. In a small bowl add the whole eggs and whisk to break the yolk.
13. Take the stuffed chicken breast and dip into the egg mix, then bread Parmesan mix and set aside.
14. In a large sauté pan heat 2 Tbs. of olive oil over medium.
15. Add the chicken breast to pan, toasting the crumbs to a golden color.
16. Place the pan into the preheated oven 350 and cook for 12 to 13 minutes or an internal temp of 165.
17. Place the chicken over your favorite pasta and cover with the tomato sauce and serve.
(Copyright 2013 Sinclair Broadcasting Group)