Sunday, December 15 2013, 09:33 AM MST
Holiday Party Recipes
As Aired on December 15, 2013
Recipe Courtesy of Chef Tina Jean from Harmon's
Spiced Party Nuts
2 cups pecan or almonds or a mix of both, lightly toasted
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup water
1/2 cup sugar
1 tablespoon butter
1. Combine cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves and salt in bowl.
2. In sauce pot, combine water, sugar and butter. Over medium high heat, bring to a boil. Add toasted nuts to pot and swirl to coat. Continue to cook until moisture has evaporated. Sprinkle spice mixture over nuts and then pour onto a baking sheet/pan. Try to separate the nuts and then allow to cool completely, at least 45 minutes.
One Italian Baguette Sliced 1/2 inch on the bias
3 roma tomatoes, sliced thin, about 1/2 inch
8 oz fresh mozzarella, sliced thin
Fresh Basil, 1/4 cup sliced thin (shred)
Olive oil, for brushing bread
salt and pepper to taste
1. Heat grill plate over medium-high heat.
2. Brush one side of sliced bread with oil. Place oil side down onto grill plate and grill just until grill marks appear and toasted. Flip and toast lightly on other side.
3. Place mozzarella on crostini followed by slice of tomato. Season with salt and pepper and finish with shredded basil.
Stuffed Dried Figs:
Dried figs, unsulfured
Marcona Almonds, chopped
honey or balsamic reduction for drizzling
1. Cut slit into halfway through fig and pull open creating a pocket.
2. Place just enough goat cheese to fill pocket you created in the fig.
3. Sprinkle with chopped marcona almonds and finish by drizzling with honey or balsamic reduction.
Cheesy bread twists:
1 box puff pastry, thawed
1 cup parmesian reggiano, finely grated
1 egg, mixed
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees farenheit.
2. Gently roll out puff pastry onto a cutting board. With a rolling pin, roll out puff pastry to approximately 14x10 inches.
3. Brush egg onto puff pastry. Cut in half lengthwise and sprinkle cheese on one half. Next place other half, egg side down, on top of other half. Using rolling pin, roll to seal both halves.
4. Next,make 3/4 inch slices, lengthwise. Twist dough and place on baking sheet lined with parchment.
5. Bake until golden brown. Remove from oven and allow to cool before serving.
Spiced Party nuts