Wednesday, January 8 2014, 01:33 PM MST
As Aired on January 7, 2013
Recipe Courtesy Chef Bryan Woolley
1 pound beef roast (chuck) cut into bite size cubes
1 medium onion, chopped
2 tbsps butter
1 cup sliced button mushrooms
3 cloves garlic, minced
3 cups beef stock
2 tsps thyme
1 bay leaf
¼ cup sour cream
1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
1 package egg noodles (I like the wide ribbon ones)
Salt and freshly cracked pepper
Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1. Heat a large skillet on the stove then add just enough olive oil to lightly coat the bottom of the pan.
2. Add the meat, onions, butter, mushrooms, and garlic. Sauté until the meat is thoroughly cooked through. (About 10 minutes)
3. Add the beef stock to deglaze the pan.
4. Add the thyme, and bay leaf.
5. Simmer for approximately 30 minutes. (Do not allow to boil dry)
6. While the stroganoff is simmering cook the egg noodles as directed on the manufactures directions.
7. Add the sour cream and the Dijon mustard to the stroganoff mixture. Be sure to stir them all together to incorporate them well.
8. Serve over prepared egg noodles.