Monday, February 3 2014, 01:48 PM MST
Chicken Parmesan Sliders
As Aired on February 3, 2014
Recipe Courtesy Krista Numbers, Simplify Supper
1 can Bread Crumbs
8 small Buns
4 small Chicken Breasts
1 large Egg
1 cup Flour
1 cup Marinara Sauce
1 teaspoon Oregano
1 cup Parmesan, grated
1 teaspoon Pepper
8 slices Provolone Cheese
1 teaspoon Salt
1 tablespoon Water
1. Preheat oven to 425°F. Prepare a baking sheet by lining it with parchment paper or foil.
2. With a knife, slice chicken breasts in half width wise. Set aside until needed.
3. On a plate, combine parmesan cheese, breadcrumbs, salt, oregano, and pepper. In a bowl, combine egg and water and whisk until combined. On
another plate, place the flour.
4. To "bread" the chicken breast: Dip one chicken piece in the flour coating it completely. Next dip it in the egg wash and then the breadcrumb
mixture. Press the breadcrumbs onto the chicken to fully coat. Place on the prepared baking sheet. Repeat with the remaining chicken pieces. Lightly
spray each piece with cooking oil spray.
5. Place the chicken in the oven and bake for 20 minutes. Remove the chicken and top each chicken piece with 2 tablespoons of marinara sauce and a slice of provolone cheese. Place back in the oven under the broiler and broil until the cheese is melted, about 2 to 3 minutes.
6. Once the cheese is melted, remove the chicken from the oven. Place a piece of chicken on a slider bun and serve.