Thursday, May 1 2014, 01:36 PM MDT
Whoopie Pies with Cream Cheese Peanut Butter Filling
As Aired on May 1, 2014
Recipe Courtesy of Lizzie Early
1 box Devil's Food Cake Mix, I prefer Pillsbury
1/3 cup oil
4 ounces cream cheese, softened
1/4 cup butter, softened
1 1/2 - 2 cups powdered sugar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
Peanut Butter Filling:
1/2 C. butter, softened
1/2 C. smooth peanut butter
2 tsp. vanilla extract
2 Tbsp. milk
2-3 C. powdered sugar
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Mix Devil's Food Cake mix, eggs and oil in a bowl, the dough will be thick.
3. Line cookie sheets with parchment paper and make dough balls smaller than the size of golf balls.
4. Place dough balls on cookie sheets, about 12 per sheet and pat down to make disks with fingers.
5. Bake for 7-10 minutes.
6. Let cool on cookie sheets for 3 minutes and then move to cooling racks.
7. !Filling: Beat cream cheese and butter for 3 minutes. Add powdered sugar and vanilla extract. Thicken with more powdered sugar if needed.
8. Frost the bottoms of half the cookies (once cooled) and sandwich them!
Place cookies in a tupperware and chill for at least an hour. Serve these treats chilled, they are MUCH better that way. And don't eat all of them yourself! :)