Sunday, June 22 2014, 08:42 AM MDT
As Aired on June 22, 2014
Recipe courtesy of Chef Johnny from Harmons
Perfect Summertime Muffins
1 C. white sugar
½ C. butter (soft)
½ C. plain Greek yogurt
4 egg whites
2 tsp. vanilla
2 C. flour
1 ¾ tsp. baking powder
½ tsp. salt
½ C. milk
2 ½ cups choice of fruit (blueberries, diced apples or diced peaches are my favorite)
1. Preheat the oven to 350 F.
2. In a mixing bowl combine the sugar, yogurt, vanilla, butter.
3. Cream the items together, add the egg whites slowly.
4. Combine flour and baking powder, add to the creamed mixture and mix well.
5. Stir in the milk until batter is smooth.
6. Gently fold fruit into batter.
7. Spoon batter into lightly greased or lined muffin tin.
8. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes.
9. Muffins are done when they are lightly golden and spring to the touch.
Want to learn more amazing recipes from the chefs at Harmons? Join us for a cooking class this summer! Visit our website for more details: http://www.harmonsgrocery.com/cooking-school/