As aired on our 4:00p Show
Recipe Courtesy of Chef Bryan Woolley
2 large Russet potatoes
2 tbsp butter
1/2 cup flour
6 cups milk
1/2 cup sour cream
1 cup chopped green onions
1 cup shredded cheese
6 bacon strips cooked and finely choppedDirections:
1. Clean potatoes, wrap in foil and bake in the oven until through cooked through. (about an hour)
2. In a large pot, cook the bacon pieces. When crispy remove and transfer to a plate that has been lined with a paper towel.
3. Remove all but 2 tbsp of bacon fat from the pot. Add the butter and allow it to melt.
4. Add the flour and stir to incorporate fats and flour. Continue cooking roux for about 2 minutes or until golden colored.
5. Add milk, sour cream, green onions and cheese; bring to a boil to thicken. Simmer gently for about 2 minutes.
6. Once the potatoes are cooked, cool and cut into chunk size pieces. Add to the thicken soup base and bring back up to serving temperature.
7. Pour soup into bowl, top with green onions and crispy chopped bacon.
8. Serve and enjoy!