As aired on our 4:00p Show
Recipe Courtesy of Chef Bryan Woolley
1 whole chicken cut up
1 cup buttermilk
2 cups flour
2 tbsp paprika
1 tbsp Italian blend herb mix
1 tbsp salt
1 tbsp freshly cracked pepper
1 tbsp onion powder
1 tbsp garlic powder
1 tbsp chicken bullion (or one cube)Directions:
1. Rinse and pat dry the chicken.
2. In a large plastic bag, combine flour, paprika, herb mix, salt, pepper, onion and garlic powder, and chicken bullion.
3. Pour buttermilk into a shallow bowl.
4. Heat a large heavy skillet and pour just enough oil into the skillet to lightly coat the bottom of the pan.
5. Dip chicken pieces in buttermilk and place in plastic bag. Shake to coat chicken.
6. Place chicken pieces in hot oil.
7. Fry chicken for about 3 minutes on each side. You may need to adjust
the time a little. Remove the chicken when each side is golden brown and
place on a parchment lined baking sheet.
8. Place the baking sheet in a 450 degree oven for about 25 minutes or until the chicken has reached 165 degree's internally.
9. Serve and Enoy!