Tuesday, June 18 2013, 10:48 AM MDT
Bow Tie Pasta Salad With Fresh Pears
As Aired On June 20, 2012
Recipe Courtesy Chef Bryan
6 cups fresh spinach, washed
2 cups bow tie pasta, cooked and rinsed
2 pears, peeled, cored, and thinly sliced
½ cup toasted walnuts
½ cup sliced almonds, toasted
½ cup craisins
½ cup chopped dried apricots
½ cup chopped green onions
½ cup diced red bell pepper
¼ cup chopped Italian Parsley
2 tbsp Italian seasoning
¼ cup grape seed oil or extra virgin olive oil
2 tbsp raspberry vinegar
1 tsp Dijon mustard
1 tbsp honey
1 tbsp freshly cracked pepper
2 tsp kosher salt
1. Combine salad ingredients into a large bowl and toss to combine.
2. In medium size bowl whisk together dressing ingredients.
3. When ready to serve drizzle dressing over salad and toss to coat. Serve with toasted crostini's and fresh lemonade.
4. Serve's approximately 12 - 1 cup servings.
1 cup sugar
6-8 cups water
12 ice cubes
1. Place lemons, sugar, water, and ice cubes in a blender and blend. Strain juice and serve over ice. Adjust sweetness as needed. Enjoy!
(Copyright 2012 Sinclair Broadcasting Group.)