Tuesday, May 1 2012, 11:37 AM MDT
Chicken Fried Steak
As aired on our 4:00pm Show
Recipe Courtesy of Chef Bryan Woolley
4 chicken breasts, flattened to about 3/4 inch thickness
1 cup flour
1 cup milk
2 eggs, whisked
1/4 cup finely chopped almonds
1 tbsp Tuscan style herb blend
1 tsp smoked paprika
1 tbsp kosher salt
1 tbsp freshly ground pepper
2 cups bread crumbs
Extra virgin olive oil
1. In a plastic bag combine flour, almonds, herb blend, smoked paprika, salt and pepper. Shake to combine. Set aside until ready to use.
2. Pour milk into a bowl and set aside.
3. Whisk the eggs together in a bowl and set aside.
4. Dip the flattened chicken breasts in the milk and place them in the flour bag, shake to coat. Gently knock off extra flour.
5. Dip chicken breasts into eggs than dredge in the bread crumbs.
6. Pan sear the chicken fried steaks for about 2 minutes in a saut pan on high heat. Place on a prepared baking sheet (parchment lined) and finish baking off in a 400 degree oven for about 15 minutes.