Thursday, October 11 2012, 11:09 AM MDT
Chef Bryan's Cornbread Casserole
As Aired On October 10, 2012
Recipe Courtesy Chef Bryan Woolley
4 cups prepared pork and beans
4 large tomatoes, quartered
1 medium size onion, sliced
4 garlic cloves, minced
1 large sausage cut into bite size slices
Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1. Heat a large skillet and add just enough oil to lightly coat the bottom of the pan.
2. Add the onions, garlic, and tomatoes. Sauté for about 4 minutes.
3. Add the sausage and continue cooking for an additional 5 minutes.
4. Add the pork and beans and bring to a simmer. Cook for an additional 5 minutes.
5. Transfer pork and beans to a 9x13 pan and pour/spoon cornbread batter (recipe below) on top.
6. Bake in a 350 degree oven for about 30 minutes or until cornbread is completely cooked and golden brown. Serve and Enjoy!
2 sticks butter, melted
1 ½ cups sugar
2 cup buttermilk
1 tsp baking soda
2 cup cornmeal
2 cup all-purpose flour
1 tsp salt
¼ cup diced red bell peppers
¼ cup diced green bell peppers
1 tsp Italian herb blend
1. Combine all dry ingredients into one large bowl and whisk together. Set aside.
2. In a separate bowl, add the melted butter, eggs, buttermilk, and bell peppers. Whisk together to combine thoroughly.
3. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and thoroughly mix together.
4. Bake off as directed above.
(Copyright 2012 Sinclair Broadcasting Group)