Thursday, November 8 2012, 05:12 PM MST
Apple Spice Cake
As Aired On November 8, 2012
Recipe Courtesy of Chef Bryan Woolley
Filling and Topping:
2 Tbsp Cinnamon
5 Tbsp Sugar
5-6 Cups Firm Apples, cored and sliced into 1-inch pieces
2 Cups Sugar
4 Tsp Vanilla
¾ Cup Vegetable Oil
½ Cup Orange Juice
3 Cups unbleached all-purpose flour
1 Tbsp baking powder
1 Tsp nutmeg
1) Preheat oven to 350. Grease 12-cup bundt or ring-shaped cake pan.
2) Mix cinnamon and sugar, set aside 1 tablespoon. Toss apples with remaining mix.
3) In a separate bowl, whisk together wet ingredients. Combine dry ingredients and then fold into wet mixture.
4) Spoon about 1/3 of batter into pan. Top with ½ of the apples. Pour in remaining batter and top with remaining apples. Sprinkle top with reserved cinnamon and sugar mix.
5) Bake for 1 hour, or until done. Allow to cool. Loosen sides with butter knife and invert onto plate for serving.
(Copyright 2012 Sinclair Broadcasting Group.)