Tuesday, June 18 2013, 11:48 AM MDT
Bean Soup With Sausages
As Aired On January 7, 2013
Recipe Courtesy of Sidanija Delic, Cafe on Main
2 cans of beans (30 ounces total)
1 medium onion
1 green/red pepper
1 can (15 ounces) of diced tomatoes
2 medium potatoes
2-3 cloves of garlic
2-3 tbsp of olive oil
1 laurel bay leaves
1 tbsp Ajvar
1 tsp of salt
¼ tsp of pepper
1 tsp of red paprika
1 tbsp of Vegeta
2 tbsp of flour
Parsley to garnish
1) First, prepare all of the ingredients for the bean soup. Cut the onion, the carrots, pepper, and garlic into small pieces. Saute the listed ingredients in a pot with the olive oil for 3-4 minutes on medium heat.
2) Wash the sausages under pouring water. Slice the sausages into rounded pieces. Cut the potatoes into small cubes. Add the sausage slices and potato cubes into the pot along with the diced tomatoes. Saute for next 2-3 minutes.
3) Add the salt, pepper, red paprika, Ajvar, laurel bay leaves, and Vegeta into the pot.
4) Add water to completely cover all of the ingredients. Add a little extra layer of water on top. The amount of additional water can depend on how thick you want the soup to be.
5) Cook everything in a pressure cooker for 10 minutes on medium heat or in a pot for 20-30 minutes on medium heat. If cooking in a pot, be sure to stir the mixture often and add water if needed.
6) In a small cup, add the flour and enough water to make a thick paste. Pour the paste slowly into the bean soup while continuously mixing for 2 minutes.
7) Garnish the finished bean soup with parsley.
(Copyright 2013 Sinclair Broadcasting Group.)