Wednesday, July 3 2013, 01:17 PM MDT
As Aired January 16, 2013
Recipe courtesy Chef Bryan Woolley
2 chicken breasts, butterflied
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 clove chopped garlic
1 small chopped shallot
1 cup chopped mushrooms
2 cups chicken stock
1/2 cup marsala
2 tablespoons cold butter
TT salt and pepper
1. Heat a large saute pan on the stove and add just enough olive oil to lightly coat the bottom of the pan.
2. Pan sear the chicken breasts until fully cooked. Remove from the saute pan and set aside.
3. In same skillet that you seared your chicken in, add garlic and shallots. Cook for one minute.
4. Add mushrooms and cook until juices are released and mushrooms are caramelized.
5. Add marsala and reduce to half.
6. Add chicken stock and reduce to desired consistency. Salt and pepper to taste, and finish by whisking in the butter.
7. Serve over the chicken breasts and with you favorite side.
(Copyright 2013 Sinclair Broadcasting Group)