As aired on February 14, 2012
Recipe Courtesy of Chef Bryan Woolley
3 pounds short ribs
2 tsp garlic powder
2 tsp onion powder
1 tbsp dried parsley
1 tbsp dried thyme
1 tsp dill
1 1/2 cups beef stock
2 tbsp pepper jelly
6 cups spinach
2 cups white beans, cooked
salt and pepper to taste
1. Mix together the garlic powder, onion powder, parsley, thyme, dill, and beef stock.
2. Add the short ribs to a large, heavy stock pot and pout the beef stock mixture over them. Cover and place in a 350 degree oven for approximately 4 hours or until short ribs are tender.
3. Remove the ribs from the oven and set aside until ready to use.
4. Place the white beans in a large bowl and add 1/2 cup of the braising liquid. Smash the white beans like you would mashed potatoes. If needed heat the beans.
5. Heat a large sauté pan on the stove and add just enough oil to lightly coat the bottom of the pan. Sauté the spinach for about 1 minute or until it begins to wilt.
6. Divide the spinach between four plates and place in the center of the plate. Add a dollop of the prepared white beats and finish off with the short ribs on top.
7. Pour about 1/4 cup of the hot braising liquid over the top of the dish. Serve and Enjoy!