Tuesday, June 18 2013, 11:48 AM MDT
Teriyaki Chicken Stir Fry with Quinoa
As Aired February 12, 2013
Recipe Courtesy Chef Bryan Woolley
1/3 cup soy sauce
2 tbsp brown sugar
1 tsp onion powder
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tbsp corn starch (plus corn starch to coat chicken)
2 chicken breast, cut into bite size pieces and lightly coated with corn starch
2 cups assorted chopped vegetables
1 tbsp freshly minced ginger
2 garlic cloves minced
4 cups cooked quinoa (follow package directions on cooking)
cooking oil (vegetable, canola, peanut, olive oil…)
Salt and pepper to taste
1. In a small saucepan combine soy sauce, brown sugar, onion powder, garlic powder and corn starch. Whisk together and bring to a boil to cook out the starch and allow mixture to thicken. Set aside to cool.
2. Heat a large wok or sauté pan on the stove and just enough cooking oil to lightly coat the wok or sauté pan. (about 2 tsp. – 1 tbsp)
3. Sauté coated chicken pieces in the wok or sauté pan until completely cooked. Remove and place on a paper towel to absorb any excess grease.
4. Transfer the freshly minced ginger, garlic, and vegetables to the wok or sauté pan and sauté for about 1 minute.
5. Transfer chicken back to the wok and sauté until hot.
6. Serve over prepared quinoa, drizzle with teriyaki sauce and Enjoy!!!! Serves 4-6 depending on portion sizes.