Tuesday, June 18 2013, 10:48 AM MDT
Low Fat Enchiladas
As Aired on March 7, 2013
Recipe Courtesy Chef Bryan Woolley
1 tsp canola oil
1/2 cup finely chopped onion
8 ounces extra-lean ground beef
2 tsp cumin
1 cup pinto beans (use the low sodium beans)
1 14.5-ounce can crushed tomatoes
1 4-ounce can diced green chilies
4 eight-inch low fat flour tortilla wraps
1 10-ounce can enchilada sauce
1/2 cup reduced fat cheddar cheese
Salt and Freshly cracked pepper to taste
1. Heat a large sauté pan and add canola oil. Sauté onions until fragrant.
2. Add cumin and ground beef. Cook for about 5 minutes.
3. Add pinto beans, green chilies, and crushed tomatoes. Simmer for about 10 minutes to allow the sauce to reduce.
4. Spoon some enchilada sauce onto the tortilla and spread the beef filling over the sauce.
5. Roll the tortilla up and place it in a pan seam side down in an 8x8 pan that has been lightly sprayed with olive oil.
6. Continue the above steps until enchiladas are filled.
7. Spread with remaining enchilada sauce and sprinkle with cheese.
8. Bake in a 350 degree oven for about 20 minutes or until cheese has melted and slightly browned and sauce is bubbling.
9. Serves 4
Serving Size: One enchilada
Total Fat 9g
Saturated Fat 3g
Dietary Fiber 3g
(Copyright 2013 Sinclair Broadcasting Group.)