As aired on February 17, 2012
Recipe Courtesy of Chef Bryan Woolley
4 chicken breast (flattened to 1/2 inch thick)
4 cups green beans
2 garlic cloves minced
extra virgin olive oil
1 cup cashewsDirections:
1. Lighly drizzle olive oil over chicken and place on a broiler pan. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and place under the broiler for about 4 – 6 minutes per side. Internal temperature of the chicken breast should be 160 degree’s.
2. Heat a heavy sauté pan and drizzle enough oil to lightly coat the bottom of the pan. Add the garlic and sauté until fragrant. Add the green beans and sauté for about 10 minutes. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
3. Add cashews and sauté for an additional 2 minutes. Set aside until ready to use.
4. When chicken is almost done, remove from oven and generously brush with pineapple teriyaki glaze. Continue to broil for about 1 minute.
5. Serve chicken with freshly sauté green beans and artisan bread. ENJOY!Pineapple Teriyaki Glaze:Ingredients:
¼ cup soy sauce
2 tbsp brown sugar
1 tbsp rice vinegar
1 cup freshly cut pineapple
1 cup freshly chopped green onions
1 1/2 tsps corn starchDirections:
1. Add all ingredients except for the corn starch into a heavy bottomed sauce pan. Bring to a boil and boil for about 2 minutes.
2. Mix the corn starch with a little soy sauce and add to the boiling mixture. Allow to thicken and boil for an additional 2 minutes.
3. Remove from heat and set aside until ready to use.