Tuesday, June 18 2013, 10:48 AM MDT
Tuscan White Bean Salad
As aired on April 2, 2013
Recipe courtesy of Chef Bryan Woolley
4 cups cooked navy beans
1 medium onion, diced
4 cups spinach, coarsely chopped
1/2 cup sun dried tomatoes, chopped
1 cup chopped kalamata olives
1/2 cup Italian Dressing (make one from scratch or use your favorite)
shredded mozzarella cheese
extra virgin olive oil
salt and pepper taste
1. Heat a large skillet on the stove and add enough olive oil to lightly coat the bottom of the pan.
2. Add the cooked navy beans and diced onion. Sauté for about 5 minutes.
3. Add the spinach, sun dried tomatoes, and kalamata olives. Sauté for an additional 5 minutes.
4. Add the bean mixture to a large bowl and toss with the Italian dressing.
5. Salt and pepper to taste and sprinkle with mozzarella cheese. Serve and Enjoy!