Tuesday, June 18 2013, 11:48 AM MDT
Quinoa and Broccoli Patties
As aired on May 24, 2013
Recipe courtesy of Chef Bryan Woolley
Makes about 4-5 servings
1 cup quinoa
2 cups water
3 spring onions, chopped
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 broccoli head
1/2 cup breadcrumbs
1 tbsp olive oil
1/3 cup cheese, grated
1/4 cup fresh basil leaves, chopped
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
Fresh parsley, chopped
1) Place quinoa in a mesh strainer and rinse well under cold water. Cook the quinoa in 2 cups of boiling water for about 15 minutes, until the water is absorbed. Remove from heat and let it cool slightly.
2) Steam the broccoli until tender, then chop finely.
3) In a large bowl combine quinoa with the rest of ingredients, broccoli, spring onions, garlic, cheese, eggs, breadcrumbs, salt, pepper and herbs.
4) Form the quinoa mixture into patties, and place on a plate.
5) Heat the oil in a non-stick frying pan over medium-low heat. Line a plate with paper towel. Add the patties onto the frying pan and cook until well browned, about 6-8 minutes per side. Transfer to the prepared paper towel plate to remove any excess grease.