Tuesday, June 18 2013, 06:20 PM MDT
Fashirané Schnitzel (Minced Steak) with Garlic Seasoned Potatoes and Spinach
As aired on June 18, 2013
Recipe courtesy of Sidanija Delic, Café on Main
Recipe for Minced Steak Mixture:
2 lb of minced meat (beef or turkey)
1 large chopped onion
Garlic – Amount of your choice (we will use 4-5 cloves)
1-2 tbsp of finely chopped parsley (dried parsley can also be used)
2 large eggs
2 slices of break soaked in water (or break crumbs)
1 tbsp of vegeta
¼ tbsp of salt
½ tbsp pepper
1 tsp of baking soda
2-3 tbsp of flour
1. Mix all ingredients together very thoroughly in a bowl into one uniform mass.
2. Cover and leave overnight (or at least 2 hours) in the fridge. After the mixture has been refrigerated, it is ready to work with.
3. Oil up your hands and make small meatballs.
4. Roll the meatballs in flour and with light pressure with your hands, make patties.
5. Put enough oil in the pan on medium heat.
6. Add the patties and cook them until they are golden brown on both sides.
7. After they are done cooking, put them on a kitchen towel to dry them out.
Recipe for Garlic Seasoned Potatoes and Spinach:
1 lb of potatoes (sliced)
2 cups of chopped spinach
1 clove of garlic
1 tbsp of butter
1 tbsp of vegetable oil
1. Boil the sliced potatoes.
2. Dump out excess water from the pot.
3. In a large non-stick skillet, put oil and butter and add the potatoes.
4. Sauté the potatoes for 2-3 minutes and then for an extra couple minutes, add spinach and garlic while continue to sauté.
5. Add a pinch of vegeta or your favorite seasoning.
Recipe for Balkan Salad:
1 large sliced tomato
¼ sliced onion head
Feta Cheese (your own preference (the more the better!))
Vinegar and Oil, and Salt and Pepper for Dressing
1. Add tomatoes and onion, sprinkle with feta cheese, and when you’re ready to eat, add the dressing.