Tuesday, July 2 2013, 05:08 PM MDT
As aired on July 2, 2013
Recipe Courtesy Chef Bryan Woolley
4 cups cubed, deseeded watermelon
1 cup freshly chopped basil
1 cup cubed mozzarella cheese (about 1/2 inch cubes)
1 cup cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
1 small red onion sliced
For the Dressing:
3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
2 tsp sugar
1 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
1 tbsp chopped fresh mint
Salt and freshly ground pepper
1. Place prepared fruit, mozzarella cheese, sliced tomatoes and sliced red onion into a large bowl and set aside until ready to use.
2. In a small bowl whisk together the olive oil, lemon juice, and sugar.
3. Stir in the parsley and mint.
4. Season with salt and freshly cracked pepper.
5. Pour the dressing over the salad, toss lightly.
6. Chill, Serve and Enjoy!