As aired on February 29, 2012
Recipe Courtesy of Chef Bryan Woolley
16-18 Brussels sprouts, thinly Sliced
2 Klondike Rose Potatoes, finely diced
2 garlic cloves, minced
1/4 cup onion diced
Zest of one lemon
Juice of one lemon
1 tbsp freshly chopped dill
1/3 cup toasted almonds
2 chicken breasts, flattened
Salt and pepper to taste Directions:
1. Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Blanche brussels sprouts and Klondike Rose potatoes. Strain and rinse with cold water. Set aside.
2. Heat a large sauté pan and add just enough oil to lightly coat the bottom of the pan.
3. Add the onions and garlic. Sauté until fragrant (about 3 minutes). Add the brussels sprouts and Klondike Rose Potatoes. Sauté for an additional 3-4 minutes. Add the toasted almonds. Salt and pepper to taste. Set aside until ready to use.
4. Lightly salt and pepper each side of the chicken breasts. Heat a large sauté pan on the stove and add just enough oil to lightly coat the bottom of the pan. Plan sear each side for the chicken for about 4-6 minutes. If needed, cook longer. Be sure chicken is throughly cooked through.
5. Serve pan seared chicken with brussels sprout salad and enjoy!