Tuesday, March 25 2014, 11:07 AM MDT
Spinach Alfredo Enchiladas
As aired on July 5, 2013
Recipe Courtesy Chef Bryan Woolley
1 tablespoon olive oil
1½ yellow onion, diced
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 (8 ounce) package sliced fresh mushrooms
1 1/2 pounds fresh spinach, stems removed
1 1/2 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese
3/4 cup cottage cheese
1/2 cup sour cream
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
10 (6 inch) flour tortillas
1 (16 ounce) jar Alfredo sauce
1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
2. Heat olive oil in a saucepan over medium heat; cook and stir onion and garlic until softened, about 2 minutes. Add mushrooms; cook and stir until mushrooms begin to soften, about 1 minute. Fold spinach into mixture and cook until wilted, 3 to 5 minutes. Remove saucepan from heat.
3. Mix Monterey Jack cheese, cottage cheese, sour cream, salt, and black pepper into spinach mixture.
4. Heat a skillet over medium heat; warm tortillas, 1 at a time, in the hot skillet until flexible, about 30 seconds per side.
5. Spoon spinach mixture down the center of each warmed tortilla. Roll tortilla around filling; place filled tortillas seam sides down into a 9x13-inch casserole dish. Pour Alfredo sauce over the enchiladas; top with mozzarella cheese.
6. Bake in the preheated oven until sauce is bubbling and cheese topping is slightly browned, 20 to 25 minutes.