Monday, July 15 2013, 06:13 PM MDT
Gravy with Pork Chops and Toast
As aired on July 15, 2013
Recipe courtesy of Chef Bryan Woolley
4 tbsp butter
4 tbsp flour
4 cups milk
1 can of evaporated milk (about 1 cup)
3-4 chicken bullion cubes (to taste)
4 bone in pork chops
4 pieces toast (your choice)
salt and pepper to taste
1. Heat a large sauté pan on the stove and add just enough oil lightly coat of the bottom of the pan.
2. Salt and pepper the pork chops and pan sear them for about 3 minutes or each side or until they are fully cooked.
3. Remove the pork chops and set them aside. Add the the butter and flour to the sauté pan and combine into a roux.
4. Add the milk and can milk and stir to incorporate. Bring to a broil and add the chicken bullion cubes to taste.
5. While the gravy is cooking, toast your bread either in a toaster or under the broiler.
6. Serve the toast with your favorite vegetable with the pork chop and gravy on the side.