Tuesday, July 16 2013, 07:37 PM MDT
As aired on July 16, 2013
Recipe courtesy of Chef Bryan Woolley
1 pound lean ground beef (can use any ground meat)
2 tsp oregano
2 tsp garlic powder
2 tsp onion powder
1 iceberg lettuce head, shredded
1 large tomato, sliced
1 red onion, sliced
4-6 pita breads
salt and pepper to taste
1. In a large bowl mix together ground beef, oregano, garlic powder, onion powder, salt and pepper.
2. Form the prepared beef into elongated patties about 3 inches wide and 4 inches long.
3. Grill, sauté, bake, broil or fry the patties until cook through.
4. Stuff the cooked patties into the pita bread. If needed cut the patties to fit the pita bread.
5. Add lettuce, tomato, onion, and yogurt sauce (recipe below). Enjoy!
1 cup plain yogurt
1/2 cup seeded, chopped cucumber
1/4 cup minced red onion
1 garlic clove, minced
1 tsp sugar
1 tsp freshly cracked pepper
1/2 tsp salt
1. Mix all ingredients together, cover and refrigerate until ready to use.