Tuesday, August 6 2013, 06:10 PM MDT
Taco Salad Burrito
As Aired on Aug 06, 2013
Recipe Courtesy of Chef Bryan Woolley
1 pound lean ground beef, tofu, chicken or turkey
1 tsp cumin
1/2 tsp chili powder
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp onion powder
1/2 tsp paprika
1/4 tsp oregano
1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
2 cups cooked kidney bean (rinsed and drained)
1 head iceberg lettuce (chopped)
2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
5 tomatoes, chopped
French dressing (recipe below)
salt and pepper
1. Heat a large skillet on the stove and cook the hamburger. Drain excess grease from the hamburger.
2. In a small bowl add the cumin, chili powder, garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, oregano and cayenne pepper. Mix all together and add to the hamburger. Stir to combine. Set aside
3. In a large bowl add the chopped lettuce, kidney beans, shredded cheese, and chopped tomatoes. Toss to combine.
4. Add the hamburger to the lettuce mixture and mix to combine. Add enough french dressing to lightly coat.
5. Place a flour tortilla in front of you and spoon some taco salad onto the tortilla. Roll the tortilla up like a burrito and spoon some salsa over top of the burrito. Finish off with a dollop of sour cream.
6. Salt and pepper to taste and enjoy!