Friday, November 1 2013, 04:26 PM MDT
As Aired on October 30, 2013
Recipe Courtesy Chef Bryan Woolley
1/4 cup olive oil
1 1/2 c. finely chopped onion
2 cups Arborio rice
6 cups chicken stock, heated
3/4 cup cream
1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan
1/4 cup finely chopped flat-leaf parsley
1 tbsp chopped basil
2 tsp chopped thyme
Salt & freshly ground black pepper to taste
1. Heat oil in a large sauté pan.
2. Add onion and sauté until lightly browned.
3. Add rice and stir to coat with oil.
4. When your rice begins to pop pour in one cup chicken stock and gently stir rice until stock has been absorbed.
5. Pour in an additional cup of stock and continue stirring rice until liquid has been absorbed. Continue adding chicken stock until it is gone. If rice is still firm after the chicken stock has all been added, simply add more liquid ½ cup at a time while stirring until rice is fully cooked.
6. Once the stock has all been added to the risotto, stir in the cream, Parmesan cheese, and fresh herbs.
7. Salt and pepper to taste. Serve and Enjoy!