Wednesday, November 6 2013, 05:50 PM MST
Pasta Bolognese Sauce
As Aired on November 6, 2013
Recipe Courtesy Chef Bryan Woolley
1 large onion, finely chopped
3 garlic cloves, minced
1 carrot, finely chopped
1 celery stick, finely chopped
1/2 cup chopped pancetta
1 pound ground beef
2 cups chopped tomatoes
1 tbsp dried oregano
1 cup red wine
2 tbsp tomato paste
salt and pepper to taste
extra virgin olive oil
1. Heat a large pot on the stove and add just enough olive oil to lightly coat the bottom of the pan.
2. Add the onion, garlic, carrot, celery, and pancetta. Saute until very fragrant.
3. Add the ground beef and brown. (You can choose to use a lean ground beef)
4. Add the chopped tomatoes, dried oregano, red wine, and tomato paste. Bring to a boil and reduce heat to a simmer. Cover the pot and continue cooking for about 30 minutes. Be sure sauce doesn’t boil dry. If needed add additional red wine.
5. Taste for salt and pepper and adjust as needed.
6. At the very end of the cooking, drizzle the sauce with some extra virgin olive oil. Serve with your favorite pasta. Enjoy!