Thursday, December 5 2013, 06:00 PM MST
Spaghetti Squash with Spinach and Pine Nuts
As Aired on December 5, 2013
Recipe Courtesy Executive Chef Max Broadhead, Toscano Italian bistro
1 small spaghetti squash
8 oz Baby spinach
½ tsp. dried sage
5 tbsp. butter
¼ cup Parmesan or Romano cheese (More or less to taste)
¼ cup Marsala cooking wine
¼ cup toasted pine nuts
Extra virgin olive oil
Salt and pepper
1. Preheat oven to 350f
2. Cut squash lengthwise in half and scrape out seeds
3. Rub the exposed flesh with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper
4. Roast flesh side down on a cookie sheet for 30 min or until skin is easily punctured with a knife or fork
5. Remove from oven until cool enough to handle.
6. Scoop out flesh with large spoon and set aside.
7. In a large skillet cook butter on medium heat until butter is melted and begins to turn slightly brown
8. Add squash to pan and toss until coated with butter and heated, add sage and spinach.
9. Add wine to the pan and toss until spinach is slightly wilted
10. Salt and pepper to taste
11. Transfer to serving bowl and top with cheese and pine nuts
12. Accompany with seared fish, roasted chicken, or on its own.