Tuesday, December 24 2013, 05:17 PM MST
Sweet Marsala Cake
As Aired On December 24, 2013
Recipe courtesy Chef Bryan Woolley
3 cups cake flour
1 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. baking soda
2 cups sugar
1 tsp. fine sea salt
1 cup unsalted melted butter
4 eggs, at room temperature
1/4 cup Sweet Marsala
1 cup buttermilk, at room temperature
1. In a large bowl combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, sugar, and salt. Whisk the dry ingredients together to evenly combine. Set aside.
2. In a large bowl, combine melted butter, 4 eggs, Sweet Marsala, and buttermilk. Whisk wet ingredients together.
3. Combine the dry ingredients together. Mix ingredients together until combined.
4. Grease and flour your cake pan. I used two large bread loaf pans and divided the batter between them. You can use a 9x13, bundt pan, spring form pan or any cake pan you want to use.
5. Bake at 350 for about 45 minutes or until golden and a toothpick comes out clean. Baking times may vary based on the pan shapes and sizes you choose to use.
6. Remove cake from the oven. Cool completely and serve with freshly whipped cream and fresh berries. Enjoy!
(Copyright 2013 Sinclair Broadcasting Group.)