Monday, January 6 2014, 12:09 PM MST
Butter Bean Soup With Sun Dried Tomatoes and Pesto
As Aired on January 1, 2014
Recipe Courtesy Chef Bryan Woolley
1 medium onion, minced
4 garlic cloves, minced
4 cups cooked butter or lima beans
4 cups vegetable stock
1/4 cup sun dried tomato paste
1/4 cup prepared pesto
freshly chopped parsley
salt and pepper to taste
1. Heat a large sauce pan on the stove and add just enough olive oil to lightly coat the bottom of the pan.
2. Add the onions and garlic. Cook until fragrant and the onions are translucent.
3. Add the butter/lima beans (can use the liquid from the cans) and warm through for about 2 minutes.
4. Add the vegetable stock, sun dried tomato paste and prepared pesto. Stir to incorporate.
5. Bring the soup to a boil and reduce to a simmer and continue cooking for about 5 minutes.
6. Remove half of the soup (beans and onions too) and carefully puree in a blender. Return the pureed mixture back to the soup. Stir to combine.
7. Serve the freshly prepared soup with crackers or crostinis. Enjoy!