Friday, January 10 2014, 06:28 PM MST
Easy Baked Potato Soup with Bacon
As Aired on January 10, 2013
Recipe Courtesy Chef Bryan Woolley
4 baked potatoes, cooled and diced
1 cup chopped onion
1/2 cup flour
4 cups chicken stock
2 whole milk
2 cups diced cooked bacon
2 cups shredded cheese
1 cup chopped green onions
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Set cooked diced baked potatoes aside. If your rushed for time, you can simple boil some diced potatoes until they are tender and use instead of baked.
2. Heat a large pot on the stove and add the bacon. Cook for about 3-5 minutes.
3. Add the onions and sauté until transparent. Add the flour and incorporate.
4. Add the chicken stock and milk, bring to a boil.
5. Gently fold in the baked potatoes (careful not to break them up) and remove from the heat. Salt and pepper to taste.
6. Garnish with shredded cheese and green onions.
(Copyright 2014 Sinclair Broadcasting Group.)