Tuesday, January 28 2014, 06:00 PM MST
As Aired on January 27, 2014
Recipe Courtesy Chef Bryan Woolley
2 pounds ground beef
2 tbsp Worcester sauce
2 tsp Dijon mustard
1 cup bread crumbs
cup coarsely chopped onion
2 garlic cloves, peeled
1 tbsp salt
1 tbsp black pepper
2 cups chopped mushrooms
cup chopped onion
1 tbsp Worcester sauce
1 tbsp horseradish sauce
1 tsp Dijon mustard
1 cup heavy cream
2 cups beef stock
3 tbsp flour
Salt and freshly cracked pepper to taste
1. In a large bowl combine the beef, Worcester sauce, mustard, egg, bread crumbs, onion, garlic, salt and pepper. Mix until well combined.
2. Remove meat and form 4 - 6 patties about inch thick
3. Heat a heavy saut pan on the stove. Add about 4 tbsp of butter. Pan fry each steaks for about 4-5 minutes on each side turning only once.
4. Transfer steaks to a preheated 350 degree oven and continue cooking until completely cooked.
5. While steaks are finishing in the oven, add to the saut pan, mushrooms, onion, Worcester sauce, horseradish sauce, Dijon mustard and heavy cream.
6. Mix the flour with the beef stock and add to the saut pan. Bring to a boil and cook for about 5 minutes. Gravy should thicken.
7. Serve gravy with Salisbury steak, Klondike mashed potatoes and your favorite vegetable.