Friday, February 14 2014, 05:20 PM MST
Pork and Green Onion Taco
As Aired on February 13, 2014
Recipe Courtesy American Heart Association
Serves 4; 2 tacos per serving
1/2 cup fat-free sour cream
1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
1 small garlic clove, minced
1 teaspoon smoked paprika
1/2 teaspoon chipotle powder
1/8 teaspoon salt
12 ounces boneless pork loin chops (about 3/4 inch thick), all visible fat discarded
8 medium green onions (6 to 8 inches long)
8 6-inch corn tortillas
2 cups loosely packed shredded spinach or romaine
1 medium tomato, cut into thin wedges
1 small lime, cut into 4 wedges
1. Lightly spray the grill rack with cooking spray. Preheat the grill on medium.
2. In a small bowl, whisk together the sour cream, cilantro, lime juice, and garlic. Set aside.
3. In a separate small bowl, stir together the paprika, chipotle powder, and salt. Sprinkle over both sides of the pork. Using your fingertips, gently press the mixture so it adheres to the pork.
4. Grill the pork for 3 to 4 minutes on each side, or until it registers 145°F on an instant-read thermometer. Transfer to a cutting board. Let stand for 3 minutes.
5. Grill the green onions for 1 to 2 minutes on each side, or until they begin to brown. Transfer to the cutting board.
6. Warm the tortillas using the package directions.
7. Thinly slice the pork diagonally across the grain. Chop the green onions into 1-inch pieces. Layer as follows in the center of the tortillas: the pork, green onions, spinach, and tomato wedges. Spoon the sour cream mixture on top. Serve the tacos with the lime wedges.