Monday, March 3 2014, 10:40 AM MST
As Aired on February 28, 2014
Recipe Courtesy Chef Bryan Woolley
½ pound beef tenderloin
Peanut oil (can use canola oil)
4 garlic cloves, minced
1 onion sliced in rings
1 cup diced carrots
2 cups thinly sliced cabbage
1 small green bell pepper, thinly sliced
1 tbsp fresh ginger juice
2 tbsp soy sauce
1. Grill tenderloin for about 3 minutes on each side. Set aside and allow to rest for about 10 minutes.
2. While tenderloin is resting, prepare ginger, carrots, and bell pepper.
3. To make the fresh ginger juice, finely grate approximately 3 tbsp of ginger root. Place grated ginger in a fine mesh strainer. Using a spoon, press down on the grated ginger to extract the juice. Discard the pulp and reserve the fresh ginger juice.
4. Thinly slice grilled tenderloin into bite size pieces.
5. Heat a wok on the stove and add about 1 tbsp oil. Sauté garlic until fragrant and add onion, carrots, cabbage and bell peppers. Continue sautéing for about 2 minutes.
6. Add the sliced tenderloin and sauté for about 2 additional minutes. Add the fresh ginger juice and soy sauce. Reduce juice by half. Serve with rice. Enjoy!