As aired on March 26, 2012
Recipe Courtesy of Chef Bryan Woolley
4 small chicken breast skinned and boned
flour seasoned with salt and freshly ground black pepper
1 tbsp butter (more or less)
2 tbsp freshly chopped rosemary
¼ freshly chopped basil
2 cups white wine
2 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
5 tbsp cold butter
¼ cup capers
salt and freshly ground pepper to tasteDirections:
1. Clean chicken breast and flatten so they are all the same size.
2. Heat the butter in a large heavy skillet. Add the freshly chopped rosemary.
3. Place all the chicken fillets in the pan, in one layer if possible.
4. Cook over moderate heat until golden brown. (3-4 minutes)
5. Turn the chicken over, turn down heat and cook until done. (About 9 minutes)
6. Remove chicken and pour white wine into pan to deglaze.
7. Add fresh lemon juice and capers
8. Reduce wine to about a cup of liquid.
9. Slowly add butter to hot liquid one tbsp at a time and allow butter to melt into reduced liquid. Butter must be cold and be sure to add butter slowly.
10. Salt and pepper to taste and pour over chicken.
11. Serve at once.