Wednesday, March 12 2014, 05:54 PM MDT
Pressure Cooker Country Ribs
As Aired on March 12, 2014
Recipe Courtesy Chef Bryan Woolley
6 country spare ribs (Pork, Boneless)
2 cups pale ale beer
3 tbsp pepper jelly
3 tbsp apple jelly
1 tbsp dijon mustard
1 tbsp herbs de provence
1 tbsp beef bullion
2 tsp season salt
1 tbsp black pepper
1 tsp cumin
2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
2 tbsp soy sauce
2 tbsp cornstarch
1/4 cup water
1. Sear the country spare ribs for about 2 minutes on each side.
2. Transfer the spare ribs to a pressure cooker.
3. In a large bowl whisk the beer, jellies, mustard, herbs de provence, bullion, salt, pepper, cumin, worcestershire sauce, and soy sauce. Pour the mixture over the ribs.
4. For the pressure cooker, cook on low pressure for about 45 minutes, carefully remove lid as recommended by the manufacturer of your pressure cooker and check the ribs for doneness. Adjust cooking time as needed.
5. Pressure cookers vary and so cooking time adjustments may be necessary.
6. When ribs are fully cooked. Drain off dripping into a sauce pan and bring to a boil. In a separate cup mix the cornstarch and water together. Pour the cornstarch mixture into the short rib drippings to thicken.
7. Serve with rice or potatoes and your favorite vegetable. Enjoy!