Wednesday, March 19 2014, 05:19 PM MDT
As Aired on March 19, 2014
Recipe Courtesy Chef Bryan Woolley
4 packages ramen noodles
1 cup thinly slice cucumber
1 cup thinly sliced ham strips
2 tbsp red pickled ginger
For the dressing:
3 tbsp soy sauce
1 tbsp rice vinegar
1 tbsp toasted sesame seed oil
2 tsp sugar
1-2 tsp hot mustard
2 tsp toasted sesame seeds (optional)
1. Cook the ramen noodles as directed on the package. Drain and set aside. Do not add the seasoning packets.
2. Whisk the eggs in a small bowl and pour them into a heated large non-stick skillet tipping the pan from side to side allowing the eggs to evenly coat the bottom of the pan. Cook until the egg has set on top and then carefully turn the omelet over. Once cooked remove from pan and cut into thin bite size strips.
3. Divide the noodles between four bowls.
4. Divide the toppings between the four bowls of noodles.
5. Divide the red pickled ginger between the four bowls and place in the center.
6. To make the dressing, simply combine all ingredients in a small bowl and whisk together. Taste and adjust any of the flavors you choose.
7. Serve the hiyashi chucka with the soy dressing and enjoy!